1905 advertisement from the digitized UM library archives.
For over a centuryMissoulians have enjoyed riding bicycles. Henry Rupert Kern owned one of the earliest bicycle shops in Missoula. He opened the Yankee Repair shop in 1885 at 125 East Main Street. Henry’s brother, Frank Kern, had arrived in Missoula a decade earlier and opened a blacksmith shop next to the Missoula Mercantile. Frank’s great grandson, Rick Kern, currently owns the Bicycle Hanger shop in Missoula.